Do I continually out do myself or what???
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- I teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons shortening
- 6 to 8 tablespoons ice water
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 apples - peeled, cored and sliced
- Put the 2 cups flour, 1 tsp salt, and 1 Tbsp sugar in a big mixing bowl.
- Use a masher (potato or dough) and mix in the 6 Tbsp butter, 6 Tbsp shortening, and 6-7 Tbsp water.
- Mash this up until it holds together but isn’t too goopy (7 Tbsp of water was good for me).
- Wrap it in plastic wrap and put it in the fridge for 20 min.
- Peel and cut the apples.
- Tell someone how you wonder what your upstairs neighbour is doing.
- After 20 min, remove the pie crust from the fridge.
- Take about 10-15% of the crust and set it aside.
- Roll the big component of crust and put it in your pie thing.
- Put all the apples on the pie crust. Mound them.
- Take the 10-15% of pie crust you set aside and make it into long strings or flat slats that will go over the apples. Think old-school apple pie and how it looks when it has the Kris-Kross (daddy mack!) thing going on.
- Melt the 1/2 cup butter
- Add in the 3 Tbsp flour. Make it kinda a gel / goop.
- Add 1/2 cup white sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar, and 1/4 cup water.
- Get this boiling.
- Pour it over the pie. Let it get good and covered.
- Bake at 425 for 15 minutes.
- Bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes. Use your eyes here.
- Optional: sprinkle some cinnamon on top after you pull it out.